The Adrian Ashford Award
The Adrian Ashford Award will be presented by the South East London Meccano Club biennially to the builder of the best transport-related model, and commemorates the life of our former Chairman and his particular interest in model railways.
» Adrian Ashford's models in our Model Gallery
- The award should be given biennially on odd-numbered years at the summer meeting of SELMEC.
- The theme of models entered for the award will be transport. There is no restriction on model size or scale.
- The Secretary will have a supply of labels so that members entering for the Award can indicate the model being entered. The label should be placed in front of the model with the builder's name and model name.
- The cup will be awarded by secret ballot with one vote per member, including those entering the competition. The votes will be counted by a Committee member and the model with the highest number of votes will be the winner.
- In the event of a tie, a member of the Committee not in the competition will have the casting vote.
- Entries to the Secretary's Challenge will also be eligible for the Adrian Ashford Award if the Challenge has a transport theme.
- The recipient of the award will receive a certificate.