The Geoff Carter Cup
Geoff Carter pictured at SkegEx in 2008,
with a typical collection of small models
The Geoff Carter Cup is presented by the South East London Meccano Club annually to the builder of the best small model, and commemorates the life of our former Secretary and his celebrated skills in the Meccano model building world, with particular emphasis on small models.
» Geoff Carter's models in our Model Gallery
- The cup should be awarded annually at the summer meeting of SELMEC (this being the nearest meeting to Geoff's date of birth of 9th July 1933).
- Only small models will be eligible for entry to the award. A small model shall be determined by its size, the main criteria being that it would be possible to fit at least six similar models into a medium sized suitcase. As a further guide at least one dimension should not exceed 5½": the other two can exceed that dimension if required. The Committee will judge (if necessary) whether any particular model is too big for the competition.
- The Secretary will have a supply of labels so that members entering for the cup can indicate the model being entered. The label should be placed in front of the model with the builder's name and model name.
- The cup will be awarded by secret ballot with one vote per member, including those entering the competition. The votes will be counted by a Committee member and the model with the highest number of votes will be the winner.
- In the event of a tie, a member of the Committee not in the competition will have the casting vote.
- Entries to the Secretary's Challenge will also be eligible for the Geoff Carter Cup.
- The recipient of the award will keep the cup for a period of one year, returning it (in the same condition that it was received) at the next summer meeting, unless advised otherwise by the Committee.